June 28, 2009 -- Celebrate the Fourth of July with family, friends and fireworks in Lorain County. Avon Lake, Lorain, Oberlin, Wellington and North Ridgeville have scheduled Firework displays for the upcoming holiday weekend.
Local Fireworks Displays:
- North Ridgeville's (Website | Profile) Independence Day Celebration is July 3rd at South Central Park. The Party in the Park begins at 6 p.m. Fireworks will start at dusk.
- Oberlin's (Website | Profile) fireworks will be held on July 4th at Hamilton Road Recreation Complex.
- Lorain (Website | Profile) will celebrate with fireworks and live music on July 4th at Lakeside Landing.
- Wellington's (Website | Profile) Fourth of July festivities begin Friday July 3rd with a concert and ice cream social. On Saturday July 4th activities begin at 11 a.m., the parade is at 3 p.m. and the fireworks are at the fairgrounds at 10 p.m.
- Rochester (Profile) Homecoming Celebration will be held on July 4th at Eagle Street Park and Rochester Fire Department (Profile). Events include, food, parade, Historical Society Open House, contests, bands, rides, games and fireworks.
- Avon Lake's (Website | Profile) Fourth of July Fireworks and Art Fest is July 4th at Miller Road Park. The festival begins at 2 p.m. and features fine arts, family activities, food and all-day entertainment. The event will conclude with the annual TrueNorth (Website | Profile) Chorale and Symphony Patriotic Concert performing against the stunning backdrop of the Lake Erie sunset, synchronized with this year's fireworks.
- Sheffield Lake's (Website | Profile) fireworks show will be held on July 17th during the Sheffield Lake Community Days Festival.